Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris



                                                                                           .
Sookie Stackhouse is a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's quiet, keeps to herself, and doesn't get out much. Not because she's not pretty. She is. It's just that, well, Sookie has this sort of "disability." She can read minds. And that doesn't make her too dateable. And then along comes Bill. He's tall, dark, handsome - and Sookie can't 'hear' a word he's thinking. He's exactly the kind of guy she's been waiting for all her life.

But Bill has a disability of his own: He's a vampire. Worse than that, hangs with a seriously creepy crowd, with a reputation for trouble - of the murderous kind.

And when one of Sookie's colleagues is killed, she begins to fear she'll be next.

 This is a book series I've had for a couple of years. I got them when True Blood came on HBO and just never got around to reading them. I finally picked them up and oh boy am I glad I did. I found Sookie a very interesting person from the start and admired how she dealt the her gift/curse (depending on how you look at it). I could totally get why she found Bill so appealing and wanted to be around him to have silence when you've had years of almost non stop chatter would be paradise. I liked Bill and thought it was very sweet the way he was with her. Also you have murders going on after Bill Compton arrives in town. Sookie gets more than she bargained for when she goes to Fangtasia with Bill. Once there she attracts the attention of Eric Northman (drooling as I type) the sheriff of area five he is very intrigued by Sookie. There is the intrduction of great characters like Pam Eric's "child", and Bubba a famous king. Sookie deals with new experiences, mystery, and personnel tragedy. I love this series and not sure why it took me so long to pick up and read. Sookies life was kind of boring but not anymore....... P.S. Love this book cover !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment