Thursday, April 18, 2013

Texas Haven (Dawson Ranch) by Kathleen Ball



Everything in Annie Douglas' life has taught her that men can’t be trusted. Although Burke is big, strong, and not seemingly gentle, Annie feels drawn to the handsome Texas cowboy. Upon discovering Burke’s advertisement for a wife, Annie shyly asks if he might consider her. Burke Dawson wants children; unfortunately, that also includes a wife. His first wife was a citified hellcat who stole half of his ranch. Now Burke’s determined to find an honest country girl with no expectations of love. Misunderstandings, accidents, and treachery leads to Annie leaving shattered and alone. Can their shaking start lead to the possible loving relationship they both desire but neither is sure of?

Kathleen Ball was another lovely lady I got to meet and being from Texas I do love a good Cowboy romance. First time to read any of her books and boy am I glad I picked up her book. This book was full of emotion. I couldn't help but to feel bad for poor Annie that just wanted some love and affection. I couldn't image living a life without either but that is what she survives. Annie makes it impossible for you not to root for her. Burke is a good ole cowboy that is Texas tough and caring. He's been hurt but tries to be soft with Annie. Burke and Annie were a joy to read about and I didn't want to stop. When Annie cries you feel close to tears yourself. I wanted to hit Burke upside his head at times. Most books I would be yelling at the book when a main character was so blind to what was right in front of his face but something about Burke kept me from doing that. After many ups and down Burke finally sees the light and gets his act together. I loved reading how Annie went for shy and bullied to strong. Also adored reading her take in so many strays and help anyone she could. I have to say Cowboy romance isn't something I read alot of but I'll have to change that after reading this book. Texas Haven isn't a very long book it's under two hundred pages but that doesn't affect the book at all. This was a great start to a series and can't wait to get my hands on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment