Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Darkest Surrender (Lords of the Underworld #8) by Gena Showalter




Possessed by the demon of Defeat, Strider cannot lose a challenge without suffering unimaginable pain. For him, nothing stands in the way of victory. Until Kaia, an enchanting Harpy, tempts him to the razor's edge of surrender.Known among her people as The Disappointment, Kaia must bring home the gold in the Harpy Games or die. Strider is a distraction she can't afford because he has an agenda of his own-steal first prize, an ancient godly artifact, before the winner can be named. But as the competition heats up, only one prize will matter-the love neither had thought possible...matter-the love neither had thought possible...

I didn't read this book I devoured it in a day and a half I couldn't put it down. I loved the chance to get to know Kaia and Strider better. These were two characters that had been mentioned in the other books but we really didn't know that much about. Strider and Kaia's chemistry jumped off the pages to sizzle and burn you. Strider is the ultimate aphla male all insicts and a highly developed sense of possession. Kaia is a beaitful red head that likes to steal for fun and will do what ever it takes to win her man. I loved reading as Strider tried to deny what was sparking between them. The Harpy Games was a great way to learn more about the harpies as a race and see how different Kaia and her sisters are from the rest of thier race. There is was also some hints for Paris's book and a very big hint about who will come after Paris which is due out next year. Darkest Surrender was fully of surprise twist and turns that I didn't see coming. This is truly Gena Showalter at her very best !!! I love this series !!! If you love paranormal books then you have to check out this series. I also love how humor is mixed into all of these books. My only complaint is that I have to wait a year before I can read more!

No comments:

Post a Comment