Sunday, October 23, 2011

Delicious (Wicked Lovers #3) by Shayla Black


Luc's entire future is planned out-but there is one very sexy obstacle in his path: Alyssa, a strip club owner with whom Luc recently shared one night of wild abandon. It left Luc terrified by his loss of self­control-and Alyssa desperate for more. But Luc is not the only man desperate to have Alyssa...and that's just one of her secrets-secrets as dark and mysterious and delicious as her fantasies.
After reading this book I had conflicting feelings about Luc. Luc is first introduced in Decadent and Alyssa is introduced in Wicked Ties. Luc is often rude, mean, and judgemental when it comes to Alyssa. I was very surprised because this was not how he was in the last book. Alyssa wants to get to know Luc and show him there is more to her then he knows. Luc does everything in his power to see Alyssa as nothing more than a owner of a strip club. Alyssa doesn't fit into Luc's idea of what his future should be. After much thought I think that is why Luc comes across as such a jerk. He's afraid of the way Alyssa makes him feel. I can understand why she keeps giving him chances even though her head tells her to run. I came to understand why he was acting this way but it still annoyed the hell out of me. Luc keeps thinking the worst of her even as she tries to show him the best. The chemistry between them is so scorching hot and not to be ignored as much as Luc tries. I liked Alyssa she was so different than I thought she might be. She survived many things that would have crushed anyone else. She had faith in them even when he was still thinking the worst of her. I've never seen anyone have so many people after them. The poor woman had three different crazy people after her. I'll admit at times I wanted her to be with Tyler it was so obvious how he felt about her. This was so sweet and sad because you know his feelings were never going to be returned. After Luc stopped fighting how he felt about Alyssa he was able to be the nice, caring, and great guy I remembered from the last book. This was another great book in the wicked series. I would highly recommend this book and the whole series if you like hot man that can give you what you want without having to ask for it.

2 comments:

  1. It is very sexy ! You should check it out. A great series to read by one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete