Monday, October 10, 2011

Playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl #1) by Gena Showalter

Earth, Wind & Fire aren't just a band anymore . . .</p>

Used to be my greatest achievement was holding a job more than three days. Now suddenly I can shoot fireballs, chill your drink, or blow-dry your hair at fifty paces with a blink of my eye!



It all started when this crazy scientist dropped something in my Grande Mocha Latte. Of course I got wicked sick. Next morning I'm waking up with this total hottie bending over me. He tells me 1)his name's Rome Masters, 2)he's a government agent and 3)I can control the four elements with a thought.


He seems even less pleased by my (apparently irreversible) transformation than I am . . . Because now he'll have to kill me.

I have to admit that for the first few chapters I was totally annoyed with Belle Jamison . Belle had to support her father so you would think that she would be the perfect employee, but no. Belle would be late by hours, would smart off to customers and in general not care. I did love Rome Masters from the start he was hot and very mysterious. Rome was sent to to kill Belle but I think you can guess that didn't go as planned. Belle never guessed Rome's secret which was so very obvious that she had to be blind or just not very smart ( I think it was a combination of both). I know you may be thinking that I didn't like this book but you would be wrong after a few chapters and after Belle found her brain it was a very good book. I was a bit disappointed that that the book was only from Belle's point of view. One of the things I loved about this book was the other great people you meet along the way. There was action, suspense, and of course romance. Once you got passed Belle's annoying behavior there was just Gena Showalter writing at what she does best paranormal romance. The storyline was incredible and keeped you guessing. The chemistry between Rome and Belle was of the charts. I really enjoyed this book and am very glad I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment