Wednesday, December 28, 2011

An O'Brien Family Christmas (Chesapeake Shores #8) by Sherryl Woods






Dating Matthew O’Brien-a playboy and a younger man-cost Laila Riley her career and her parents’ respect. A high price, even for love-and when Laila decides it was just a fling, she breaks it off, despite Matthew’s objections.

It’s a great time to get away from it all, but Laila has reservations about joining the O’Briens for a Dublin holiday. Matthew’s bound to be there, and she’s far from immune. What if she can’t resist temptation?

Meanwhile, the O’Briens are in an uproar over matriarch Nell’s unexpected romance with an old flame. Will she follow her heart despite the risks? And will Laila discover that some risks are actually once-in-a-lifetime opportunities?
 I guess I should start by saying I have never read a book in this series or by this author. I will go back and read the others because I very much enjoyed this one. I think because I didn't read the others that's why I was confused about some details in the story. First it's mentioned on the back of the book there is a age gap but they never tell you how old each person is so it's hard for me to think of Laila as being older when I have no clue as to her age or his, second I felt kind of throw in the middle of their love story. I think it would have helped if I had read the others in the series this is one book that I would recommend you need to read the others. I really enjoyed reading this book and also loved the other story of Nell and want to know how that will end. I would say read the others than pick this one up very good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment